Riding out on the open road is especially tough on a motorcyclists skin. The wind, sun and even your helmet are all contributing to a face that does not look clean and fresh when you arrive at your destination. To avoid developing biker acne and other unsightly skin conditions, make sure that you are protecting it before, during and after every ride.
- Stop Using Exfoliates – Many of us use these products as a normal part of our skin care routine, but these are harmful when applied a few days before a ride. Depending on the product, you could be increasing your sensitivity to the sun by up to 45%, making your face that much more susceptible to sunburn.
- Do Start Using a Konjac Sponge – A konjac sponge is a natural product that comes from Japan and is just as good at cleansing your face as an exfoliate is. The only difference is that it leaves your skins natural oils intact, providing it with the protection it needs from the sun. Check online for reviews of this incredible product and you will find that the konjac sponge has been gaining popularity around the world.
- Do Apply a Generous Amount of Sunscreen – Make sure that as you ride you are taking the time to reapply sunscreen as needed. Don’t forget the chest and neck area either, as these are just as susceptible to sun damage as your face is.
- Do Wear Large Sunglasses – Not only will larger sunglasses offer your entire eye area better protection from the sun, you will squint less. This will stop the development of crow’s feet.
- Don’t Skimp on a Windshield – You may think it looks cool to ride around with no windshield, but these actually help keep dirt, bugs and even windburn at bay. A windshield is a huge help in keeping your face protected while riding a motorcycle.
- Don’t Forget to Wash Your Face When You Arrive – You can take all of the precautions you want, but if you don’t at least give your face a quick wash at your destination, you are allowing any dirt to become imbedded inside of your pores.
- Don’t Forget Your Helmet – The inside of the helmet is a perfect home for dirt and bacteria. Make sure you wipe down the inside before and after each ride with an antiseptic to ensure that you are not transferring dirt back to your face.
Following these tips will ensure that your face always appears fresh and clean no matter how many motorcycle trips you make.